Have you applied in the past for CDFW’s “Special” spring turkey hunts? If so, be prepared for a new system that is being implemented in 2018. The updated California spring turkey hunt drawings are now more similar to the waterfowl reservation drawings in the online licensing system (ALDS). Simply login to your online license account (www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/InternetSales/), and click on the “purchase license” tab. If you scroll down, you’ll find three separate applications, (1) Spring Turkey Hunt Drawing Application – All Junior Hunts, (2) Spring Turkey Hunt Drawing Application – Opening Weekend, and (3) Spring Turkey Hunt Drawing Application – Balance of Season. You are only able to apply for the junior hunts if you have a junior license. For each application, you are given three hunt choices to choose from, three for opening day, and three more throughout the rest of the spring season. Each application costs a total of $2.42.
- Deadline to apply to these hunts is approximately 21 days prior to the season opener (Remember the junior opener is 3/24).
- The application period will open approximately 51 days prior to the season opener for the species.
- A single drawing will be conducted within 5 business days of the application deadline.
- Successful applicants will be contacted by USPS mail once the draw has been completed.
- You can also check results in your online license account in ALDS.
Deadlines to apply are coming up! Get your applications in soon and good luck!