- To preserve and promote the traditional rights of California citizens to hunt, fish, and pursue outdoor, wildlife related activities.
- To ensure that California sportsmen and women have reasonable access to public lands to enjoy outdoor pursuits.
- To protect the investment of sportsmen and women in wildlife and fisheries management by safeguarding the integrity of user-fee trust funds and license revenue.
- To support efforts to enhance multiple-use habitat management for wildlife and fisheries.
- To recognize the importance of hunting, fishing, and other outdoor activities to our state’s economy, and habitat conservation funding streams, and to support the maintenance and growth of outdoor-related industries and activities.
- To address threats to California wildlife and their habitat.
California Legislature Outdoor Sporting Caucus
Did you know that in California, we have have a bipartisan congregation of state lawmakers that are formed specifically to try and promote California’s shooting and hunting rights as well as the states wildlife and fisheries? Well we do! It’s called the California Legislature Outdoor Sporting Caucus, and each year they hold a shoot at the Cordova Shooting Center in Rancho Cordova. All California State Senators, Assembly Members, and their staff are invited to the shoot to partake in the safe, responsible, and fun activity of shooting firearms. For those of you unfamiliar with our Outdoor Sporting Caucus, here’s a little background:Specifically, the purpose of the Outdoor Sporting Caucus is: